As I’m out and about shopping, eating out or receiving services, I see some recurring themes that are actually repelling energy, customers and sales.
The first is a negative and stagnant PYHSICAL ENVIRONMENT. You’d be surprised how often places are dimly lit, so over-packed with product you can’t actually see anything, the air is stale, the shelves are dusty, the bathroom is dark and dirty, the flowers are dying or dead, the owner’s desk is an absolute nightmare and there’s so much clutter around the cash register there’s no place for me to even pay you. Ugh! Even if you’re in a trendy or upscale neighborhood with hip modern décor, bad Feng Shui is bad Feng Shui.
The second is lethargic, disinterested or plain mean HUMAN CHI. When your head is buried deep into your computer and being on Facebook is more important to you than a live customer’s presence, you’re really inviting sales. And please don’t even hire employees who are snooty, negative or lethargic—human chi is incredibly important to your sales.
And the third is inconsistent BRANDING. So often there is a confusing lack of unity with your product or service and your physical environment, marketing materials, how you dress, the music you play, the events you host and so on. Instead it’s a big mish-mash of conflicting colors, imagery and aesthetics.
Here’s a check-list to quickly and simply uplift the energy of your business and get those sales going!
1. Cash register drawers clear of clutter and clean? Enhanced with healthy green plants and 3 Feng Shui Coins on Red Ribbon?
2. Owner’s desk clear of clutter? Wealth corner of desk enhanced?
3. Entire business clutter-free and deeply cleaned? Including bathroom?
4. Fresh décor? Stylish and updated? New art? Merchandise regularly rotated? Beautiful flowers and plants? New shopping bags? New business cards? New website? Refreshed menu? Music on the cd player or ipod new and joyfully upbeat, not too loud?
5. Is there actually space to see what you’re selling? Same on a menu, is there some space so it’s not overwhelming (think black calligraphy on a white canvas)?
6. Showing appreciation for your clients and customers with specials, hand written thank you cards, events and parties, stellar concierge service? Hosting lots of live events during and after-hours so there is continually live chi filling your business?
7. Cash register visible from the front door? Not too far away, sitting in the Commanding Position?
8. Attracting walk-bys with a stunning front entrance full of beauty and movement (water feature, wind-chimes, flags or banners)? Incredible displays in your windows?
9. Every single employee expressing joy, appreciation, positive and welcoming energy to each person who comes through the door? Walks them to the car with purchases? Offers them refreshments? Holds the door open? Makes people feel like an honored guest? Sincerely says ‘thank you’ when folks leave?
And now it’s time to book your Feng Shui consultation to learn the Feng Shui adjustments and secret cures to really increase your cash flow and customer stream; shine a light on your visibility, fame and marketing; and increase the benefactors and helpful people around you! You can contact me at info@10KBlessingsFengShui.com