“Bodhisattva Kuan-Yin has entered my body. On the nineteenth day of the second month Mother gave birth to me. On the nineteenth day of the sixth month I went up to Heaven…” (Kuan Yin pilgrim song from
Today, lovers of this beloved goddess of mercy will flock to temples and shrines to pray and make offerings in celebration of Her enlightenment.
Traditionally, these special days are celebrated…
· with silent contemplation and meditation
· fasting or eating vegetarian
· offering flowers, incense, candles, tea, fruits, rice and delicacies at the temple or home shrines
· performing acts of charity such as giving money to orphans, distributing food to the homeless, visiting old folks or passing out water and tea
· burning joss papers
· consulting the Kuan Yin oracle
· practicing animal liberation and freeing birds, turtles, fish, crickets and crabs
· taking home blessed water from the temple to bathe in
· reciting the Lotus Sutra
Have a most beautiful day with Her!
“Adoration to the 1,000-handed Kuan –Yin… I repay Kuan-yin’s kindness with my whole life, with my whole life”.
P.P.S. If you wish to receive a Kuan Yin oracle reading or joss papers to burn, please email me at info@10KBlessingsFengShui.com for details
P.S. If you want to learn more about Kuan Yin, you’re welcome to join me at the Lan Su Chinese Gardens for “Kuan Yin, the Chinese Goddess of Compassion: Her Relevance in the 21st Century Western World” (August 30, 6pm). Email me for full details